Beginners Body Painting Weekend with Carolyn Roper - 3rd & 4th August 2019
Presenting the first of our two part Bodypainting Series, our Beginners Bodypainting Weekend is going to be so jam packed full of tips, new products and essential techniques which every budding creative needs to know. There is no-one better to teach you about bodypainting than TWICE World Bodypainting Champion, Carolyn Roper! Read on for more about the course and Carolyn herself.
Each day will include theory and demonstrations followed by hands on painting to practice the various techniques covered during the lesson.
- Preparation of the skin for body art and understanding contraindications.
- Good hygiene practice (decanting paint, disposable brushes etc.)
- Different types of body paint and how they work.
- Choice of brushes, sponges, stipple sponges.
- How to research and plan your design.
- Order of painting, areas to leave bare etc.
- Applying the perfect base coat.
- Different blending techniques such as double loading and as well as the fundamental brush strokes.
- Layering the paints to create a picture.
- Working with different skin safe materials to create textured effects and the application of glitter and crystals.
- Highlights and shading when painting objects such as buttons and fabric.
- Adding fine details.
- Painted clothing.
- Sealing your work.
ABOUT THE TUTOR - CAROLYN ROPER
Known for her incredible camouflage body art for the vending machine scene in the film "Dumb and Dumber To" starring Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels, Carolyn Roper is recognised as one of the best body artists in the world today. She has won major industry awards and is a twice World Body Painting Champion.
Carolyn is also a fully qualified make-up artist and was a member of the make-up team for ITV's 'X Factor' from 2012 until 2015 She was also the make-up artist for the contestants on the UK X Factor Arena tours from 2013 - 2018. Her outstanding body painting is featured in films, television advertisements and music videos, as well as being used for music CD and book covers. She’s worked with clients all around the globe from Hong Kong to Mubai and Cape Town to Las Vegas and her extensive client list includes SKY TV, BBC, Coca Cola, Ford, Vodaphone Panasonic and Warner Bros. She’s also had the pleasure of working with numerous celebrities including Ashley Roberts, Gary Lineker, Mark Ramprakash, Lizzie Jagger and Daisy Lowe.
Carolyn is also one of the best camouflage body artists in the world and regularly produces stunning results for major clients including the smash hit Channel 4 UK hidden camera series ‘Naked and Invisible’ which has had more than 135 million views online.
All materials and sculpting tools provided by Titanic Creative Management
We Also Recommend