Advanced Bodypainting Weekend with Carolyn Roper - 24th & 25th August 2019
IS THIS COURSE FOR ME? This course is designed for those who have already either taken part in our Beginners Bodypainting Weekend or who have already dabbled in the world of Face or Body Paint.
Presenting the second of our two part Bodypainting Series, our Advanced Bodypainting Weekend is going to be so jam packed full of tips, new products and essential techniques which every budding creative needs to know. There is no-one better to teach you about bodypainting than TWICE World Bodypainting Champion, Carolyn Roper! Read on for more about the course and Carolyn herself.
Each day will include theory and demonstrations followed by hands on painting to practice the various techniques covered during the lesson.
- Preparation of the skin for body art and understanding contraindications.
- Good hygiene practice. (decanting paint, disposable brushes etc.)
- Ways to minimise colour corruption fading etc.
- Demonstrations of Illusion and 3 dimensional body painting followed by hands on practice.
- Camouflage body painting theory and practice
- Learning how an airbrush works, including starting the airflow and releasing the product correctly. Airbrush maintenance, cleaning, assembly and disassembly.
- Different types of paint.
- Achieving the perfect finish with a single colour application.
- Two colour application with highlighting lowlighting and contouring.
- Tips and techniques for using stencils and materials to create texture.
- Blocking off areas using card and other materials. Layering stencils for complex designs.
- Combining airbrush and brush and sponge techniques into a design.
ABOUT THE TUTOR - CAROLYN ROPER
Known for her incredible camouflage body art for the vending machine scene in the film "Dumb and Dumber To" starring Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels, Carolyn Roper is recognised as one of the best body artists in the world today. She has won major industry awards and is a twice World Body Painting Champion.
Carolyn is also a fully qualified make-up artist and was a member of the make-up team for ITV's 'X Factor' from 2012 until 2015 She was also the make-up artist for the contestants on the UK X Factor Arena tours from 2013 - 2018. Her outstanding body painting is featured in films, television advertisements and music videos, as well as being used for music CD and book covers. She’s worked with clients all around the globe from Hong Kong to Mubai and Cape Town to Las Vegas and her extensive client list includes SKY TV, BBC, Coca Cola, Ford, Vodaphone Panasonic and Warner Bros. She’s also had the pleasure of working with numerous celebrities including Ashley Roberts, Gary Lineker, Mark Ramprakash, Lizzie Jagger and Daisy Lowe.
Carolyn is also one of the best camouflage body artists in the world and regularly produces stunning results for major clients including the smash hit Channel 4 UK hidden camera series ‘Naked and Invisible’ which has had more than 135 million views online.
All materials and sculpting tools provided by Titanic Creative Management
We Also Recommend